BUILD A LEARNING CENTER TO SUPPORT
1. LEARN BY YOURSELF & CHALLENGE YOUR WAY OF DOING
Individual skills and competences are a key condition to get sustainable and high performances. If not well organized, the training of the employees easily become a significant cost that do not always bring the expected results. For this reason, setting a training center will be a good way to fix an effective & low cost process for the employee skill development.
A training center is a physical place isolated from the production & operations to enable the skills development of the employees. The purpose is to avoid to impact the production during the employees trainings and secondly to build up a formal process to develop the skills.
It concerns all hierarchical levels, and all kind of learnings including hard skill as soft skills.
More efficiency & performances for all your process
right skilled resources at the right place in the right time
More motivation for all teammates (impact on human turnover)
Quicker integration of the new comers and less impact of the low skilled person on the production.
Teammates rewarding. Feeling of gratitude. Same for Instructors.
A formal process of learning is the first step toward fair recognition system
1. Identify the key competences for your organization, your process & your project
2. Breakdown this key competences into small skills easy to learn, easy to evaluate.
3. For each skill,
Establish the skill level evaluation process : Self evaluation (mostly adapted for soft skills) or validation process ?
Establish the Learning offer : Set in place the adapted learning process & material. For the hard skills, most of the time, there is some dedicated equipments to let the people get familiar with the operations under the coaching of a validated coach. For the soft skills, it can be either seminars and/or workshops, or also elearnings solutions.
4. Set in place the system that will enable to follow up and communicate the competency level of each team members & each team. We suggest you to use skill matrix as it enables to have a individual and a collective reading. Skill matrix will be a very useful tool to animate and manage the skills development at each team level.
5. Communicate and encourage the competency development process among your teammates.
6. Set a regular routine to update and refine the competencies according to the project evolution (PDCA process)
2. COPY & IMPROVE ASSOCIATED BEST PRACTICES
Practice from: TEC factory
Contact: Jenny Yang
What: Learning center
Gains: Workers individual and collective efficiency, Workers motivation
Assessment: Opex E6
3. GO FURTHER WITH OUR COACHING OFFER
Please contact: TEC factory
4. VALIDATE YOUR SKILLS
Competency = to promote the Comptency management (CIEC)
5. EVALUATE YOUR ORGANIZATION
Assessment = OPEX
Chapter = E6