THE STANDARD IS DEFINED AS THE CURRENT
BEST PRACTICE, THE EASIEST AND SAFEST WAY TO PERFORM A TASK
1. LEARN BY YOURSELF & CHALLENGE YOUR WAY OF DOING
To ensure stability, knowledge capitalization, training then progress of any process. Where there are no standards, there can be no improvement.
"A standard is as a musical score. It is thanks to this document that gave to each musician orchestra the ability to play beautiful music"
It also called procedure, instruction, work rule, etc. The standard is essential to ensure that current best practices are identified, formalized and implemented. Standard is based as much as possible on visual elements, is developed in participatory and respects the principle of continuous improvement, so it is scalable. They also serve to consolidate improvements made on a task. This is the safest and easiest way to duplicate a task and to ensure the quality for the customer.
Reduce variability and increase stability, to have a reference for best results on time.
Having training materials. Easier training for newcomers.
Getting collectively agree on the best way to do.
Stability in results.
The standard must specify the practical to implement and specify the measures to be taken in case of anomalies.
The standard should not be imposed by the hierarchy but created by operational. It is first based on the best existing practices. They are adjusted to the needs.
- Observe & identify what is done & understand why it’s sometimes not the same thing.
- When it is understood, define precisely the operation to do, when to do, the time dedicated (connect to Takt time), the safety equipment & tool needed, the critical points (for safety, for quality & quantity [WIP]...).
- Team members participate to the definition of the standards.
- Formalize the new standard by privileging the visual.
- Test and validate the new standard
- Training users to the standard.
- Regularly audit the standard to ensure its proper application. Standard provides a way to accomplish a task of efficient way. But a standard set-up is not enough, we must follow to ensure it is respected, updated and maintained.
- Think about deploying the standard to similar processes
- To make the standard evolve during the improvement actions. The standards are constantly changing, they stimulate improvements. they avoid a return to previous situations and develop them.
2. COPY & IMPROVE ASSOCIATED BEST PRACTICES
3. GO FURTHER WITH OUR COACHING OFFER
Please contact: TEC / DFM factories
4. VALIDATE YOUR SKILLS
Competency = To master the fundamental of Continuous Improvement [CIMF]
5. EVALUATE YOUR ORGANIZATION
Assessment = OPEX
Chapter = P2