top of page
To switch to Renewable Energies
1. LEARN BY YOURSELF & CHALLENGE YOUR WAY OF DOING
First what is your situation concerning Renewable Energy for your site ? Follow this link or flash the QR Code :
When you are really Energy Efficient and have already reduced at the maximum your Consumption, the only way to decrease your CO2 Emissions is to switch to Renewable Energies. Decathlon involves now its suppliers to invest in Renewable Energies and find the best solution to do it. Target is that the Supply Chain of Decathlon is 100% Electrical Renewable Energies in 2026.
They are many ways described below to be Renewable and decrease your CO2 Emissions.
Or you produce onsite, or you Purchase Renewable Energies.
Renewable Energies come from Renewable sources naturally replenished on a human timescale :
To be Renewable you have different ways :
- Produced on-site - auto consumption : you get your own solar panels directly connected to your site
- Produced on-site - sent to the grid : you get your own solar panels and you send the energy to the normal electricity grid
- Purchased - PPAs : Power Purchase Agreement is a contract between two parties, one generates electricity (the seller) and one is looking to purchase electricity (the buyer). The PPA defines all of the commercial terms for the sale of electricity between the two parties : commercial operation, schedule for delivery of electricity, penalties for under delivery, payment terms, and termination. A PPA is a key instrument of project finance.
- Purchased - Virtual PPAs : A company enters into a contract to pay a renewable energy project on an agreed take-off price. The renewable energy project sells the generated power into the local wholesale market on a merchant basis. The project pays the company if the electricity is sold into the market above the agreed contract price, and the company pays the project the difference if the electricity falls below the agreed price.
- Purchased - Certificate REC : Power on the grid comes from all sorts of sources: coal, nuclear, natural gas, renewables. Once it’s on the grid, it’s all blended together. So, as an end user, you can’t really tell where that exact megawatt hour you’re using comes from. RECs are a way for businesses to certify that they have a valid claim to the carbon reductions from a specific project. These certificates provide verification that a business’ support for renewable energy had an impact on the grid.
There are 3 main reasons why Decathlon’s target is to become 100% renewable energy.
1. Preserve the planet → by sourcing electric power from only renewable sources we can reduce our CO2 emissions and
preserve our planet’s natural resources.
2. Promote sustainable change in the industry → The private sector accounts for around half of the world’s electricity
consumption. Switching this demand to renewables will accelerate the transformation of the global energy market and
aid the transition to a low carbon economy.
3. Financial opportunities → There have been huge reductions in engineering/technology. This has changed the way in
which the pricing of electricity is structured. Renewable Energy facilities are now cheaper to build today than fossil fuel
2. COPY & IMPROVE ASSOCIATED BEST PRACTICES
COPY & IMPROVE PRACTICES
Practice from: GAIN UP Socks
Contact: Yasotharan MANIVEL
What: 5 SUZLON Wind Turbines with capacity of 1120 kW per M/C = Total 5,6 MW Installed
Investment: 6 800 kUSD
ROI: 17 years
OUR COACHING OFFER
4. VALIDATE YOUR SKILLS
Competency = to...
VALIDATE YOUR SKILLS
5. EVALUATE YOUR ORGANIZATION
EVALUATE YOUR ORGANIZATION
SHARE WITH US
bottom of page