STRATEGIES, TACTICS, OPERATIONS
1. LEARN BY YOURSELF & CHALLENGE YOUR WAY OF DOING
To define the "How to do" to reach the vision. It helps to mobilize, align and coordinate resources to achieve one or more objectives.
The strategy is always linked to the vision. The strategy is the action plan you must follow to reach the factory vision. Objective is to define an action plan composed with successive steps. Each step explicit concrete and measurable actions that the factory will have to carry out well in different domain in order to go to the next steps. In this way we make sure to focus on actions related to the strategy. The starting point of this process is therefore to define the strategy of the plant and then to allocate the necessary resources to achieve the objectives.
Work is structured, coordinate ressources
Involvement of everybody towards the same goal
Improve communication flow
Its teammates (Me as a collaborator I would be satisfied by the project of my business because ...)
Its customers (Me as customers I would be happy because the project ...)
Its citizens (Partners, citizens of the world... As a citizen I would be happy because the project ...)
To define Strategies, tactics and operations consider first the company vision.
- Leaders should announce their intentions to write a project (strategy). Ideally, declare it collectively so that everyone can hear the same message. I bring a maximum of conviction and energy. The leader have to explain why to write a project and the steps that lie ahead.
Collected datas: historical figures, Survey results (human project, etc...)
From those datas organize a collaborative SWOT to analyze the situation.
From the SWOT, collectively determine strategics objectives with associated KPI in order to capitalizing on and developing some of your strengths, bridging weaknesses, exploiting opportunities or neutralizing threats.
From strategic objectives define tactics and actions to implement. Coordinate the necessary resources and means (budget...) to support the action plan. Action should enables satisfaction of:
- Project launching & animation. Put in place your strategy and actions establishing management routines with appropriate frequency. (project review, work meetings, collective meetings, crisis meeting, ...). Build a strong communication plan to support your project. Use posters to communicate about the project. During the Roadmap, it is essential to have relevant indicators to achieve the PDCA Check. These indicators should be consistently close to the context. By definition, the indicators show us in which direction we have to act, but they do not say which path we must take. If deviations are found, we must question ourselves to lead to corrective actions through a problem-solving approach.
Control the results and challenge your strategy if needed to keep it aligned with priorities. (steering committees, ...)
Plan : preparation of what we will achieve by identifying problems, identifying the root causes and establishing a schedule.
Do : implementation of actions planned in accordance with the provisions set out in the first step.
Check : in this step, it is to studied the results using performance indicators. We must ensure that the objectives set at the "Plan" are achieved.
Act : this last step is to anchor, to standardize what we have established. However, we can observe failures, the objectives are not achieved. In this case we have to analyze the reasons for failure and deploy a new PDCA.
2. COPY & IMPROVE ASSOCIATED BEST PRACTICES
Practice from: CMW
Contact: Peter GENG
What: Project is displayed in the factory shopfloor. Sense, vision, values, strategics & tactics axis are formalized. Project has been co-written involving the teammates. Kpi exist to follow up the realization. Project is reviewed every year.
Gains: teammates autonomy, alignement, motivation...
Opex level 2016: A
3. GO FURTHER WITH OUR COACHING OFFER
Please contact: TEC factory
4. VALIDATE YOUR SKILLS
Assessment = OPEX
Chapter = C7/C8
5. EVALUATE YOUR ORGANIZATION
Competency = CI/CIEP